Abstract submission is now closed
We are proud to announce that presenters at the World Congress now have the opportunity to submit their work to Diabetes Care®, the American Diabetes Association's peer-reviewed journal on clinical diabetes research, for possible publication in a special issue devoted to metabolic surgery and many of the topics covered at this year's World Congress. Manuscripts reporting the content of selected invited presentations, as well as unpublished studies presented orally or as posters at the World Congress, will be considered for fast-track peer review and possible publication. Authors of selected abstracts will be asked to submit a full manuscript to Diabetes Care. More information about the journal can be found at http://care.diabetesjournals.org.
abstracts of unpublished studies will also be considered for fast-track review
and publication in the journal Surgery for Obesity and Related Disorders
(SOARD), the official journal of the American Society for Metabolic and
Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). Authors of selected abstracts will be asked to
submit a full manuscript to SOARD. More information about this journal at http://www.soard.org/
Participants who would like to present their work must submit an abstract in English for consideration by the International Scientific Abstract Review Committee. A maximum of 6 abstracts, per participant, may be submitted. The committee will be responsible for acceptance as an oral or poster presentation or rejection for each submitted abstract.
- Please note that all abstracts accepted for presentation will be published on the website prior to the congress.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees will be scheduled and included in the Congress materials.
Please choose from one of the following:
- Oral Presentation
- e-poster Oral Presentation - Each e-Poster Oral Presentation will be allocated 5 minutes for presentation. During the e-Poster Oral Presentations authors will be asked to present their e-Poster to chairpersons and the audience. There will be limited space in the programme for e-Poster Oral Presentations and only top-scoring abstracts will be selected. If your e-poster is not selected for this category, it will automatically be considered as a regular poster presentation. Please note that e-Posters will be displayed for congress participants to view throughout the congress duration.
- Poster Presentation
Rules for submissionAn author from each abstract is expected to attend the congress and present the poster or oral presentation.All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by July 27, 2015 will be scheduled for presentation.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
Guidelines for Submission
- Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Presentation type – please choose from one of the following:
- Oral presentation
- e-poster oral presentation
- Poster presentation
- Author and co-authors’ details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
(Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
- Abstract topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from the list of topics.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG, GIF or PNG format.